Things to do with older kids in south-east Michigan
Things to do in and around Ann Arbor
- Jungle Java – [map]
- Jump City – [map]
- U of M Matthei Botanical Garden and Nichols Aboretum
- Rentschler Farm – [map]
- Cobblestone Farm – [map]
- Kempf House Museum
- Waterloo Farm Museum – [map]
- Fire House Museum – [map]
- Washtenaw County Historical Society Museum – [map] –
- Ypsilanti Historical Museum
- Saline Depot Museum
- Henry Ford Museum – [map] Outdoor:
- Spring Valley Trout Farm – [map]
- Greenfield Village – [map] Zoos around Ann Arbor:
- Detroit Zoo – [map]
- Potter Park Zoo – [map]
- Toledo Zoo – [map] University of Michigan:
- U of M Exhibit Museum of Natural History and Planetarium – [map]
- U of M Kelsey Museum of Archaeology
- U of M Museum of Art
Local (Ann Arbor) Shops with German Products
- World Market (international groceries) – [map]
- Palumba (wooden toys Waldorf-style and “German” stationary) – [map]
- Lexi’s Toy Box (natural toys) – [map]
- Little Seedling (natural toys) – [map]
- Tea House Ann Arbor (Teegeschwender, tea by the leaf) – [map]
- Once upon a child – [map] offers parents a fun and convenient way to buy and sell gently used kids stuff
- Childrens Orchard – [map] offers the highest quality slightly used clothing for a fraction of the cost of traditional retail and department stores.
German Restaurants in Ann Arbor
Heidelberg Restaurant - 215 N. Main St, Ann Arbor, MI 48104 - (734) 663-7758
Metzger's German Restaurant - Baxter's Plaza, 305 N. Zeeb Rd, Ann Arbor, MI 48103 - (734) 668-8987
- Sanne’s German Works
- Old World Christmas Markets - For 500 years, Germans have done their holiday shopping at open-air Christmas markets in town squares. This website contains links to Christmas markets taking place in Michigan, Illinois, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Many include parades, especially the traditional children's lantern procession. There's always live music, and you can usually count on getting a cone of warm sugared almonds to munch on while shopping or a Glühwein to warm up.
- Oliver de Peralta - deutscher Gitarrenlehrer
- S & L Bauernhof und Sprachwerkstatt - Sprachwerkstatt fuer klein und gross! Auf dem Lande lernen und spielen mit anderen deutschen Kindern, und dabei die deutsche Sprache spielerisch fördern. Altersgruppe: 0-10 Jahre. (FB Seite)
Buy German Books in the US
- Alphabet Garden – Lots of good German books for kids, teachers and adults.
Shipment is from NJ, so they provide moderate prices and short shipping times.
- ABC Kinderladen - Offers a wide selection of popular German children’s books, music CDs, DVDs, learning software, toys, games more products imported from Germany
- World of Reading - World of Reading for Foreign Language and ESL software, Audio Tapes, CDs, Foreign Movies on Video and DVD
- Bücher Stube – A small family business offering a great selection of imported German books and music.
Falls Sie unserer Schule weitere Links empfehlen wollen, schicken Sie diese bitte an unsere Web Master zur Bewilligung.